The ‘best books for young adults’ are historical fiction and here are eleven benefits for you as a young adult, or your parents, to encourage you to read historical fiction.
Statistics show that the young human brain has a natural ability to absorb new information as part of its developmental growth.
As we age the speed at which we learn slows down. While you are young is a good time to encourage the development of the following qualities:
1) KNOWLEDGE – It will have obvious benefits for you as you learn to retain more knowledge and start life with a good grasp of dates and periods of the past.
2) IMAGINATION – As you sense reality in the past, your imagination will grow.
3) APPRECIATION – You will learn an appreciation of the past which will spill into the present
4) RESPECT – You will learn a new respect for the passage of time and will learn to respect the future
5) WISDOM – You will grow wiser as you witness the hypothetical thinking (or not) from the past. Learning from past mistakes will take on a greater meaning for you
6) ENGAGING – You will learn that history is engaging. Characters from the past weave an entertaining illustration around lifeless facts making history a lot more multi-dimensional than a long string of faceless facts designed to make exam time more difficult.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6901019